Princess Diana did not fit into the accepted idea of royalties. From charitable activities to perfect style – she was one of the most anticonformista members of the British Royal family, for which she was often called the “people’s Princess”. Tell 16 facts about lady Di, with which you may not have known.
1. Princess Diana had two sisters, lady Sarah Mccorquodale and lady Jane Fellowes, and two brothers, Earl Charles Spencer and John Spencer. The Princess never knew as he died just a few hours after his birth in January 1960.
2. Her parents, Frances Shand kydd Edward John Spencer, broke up when she was eight years old.
3. Her maternal grandmother, Ruth Roche, Baroness Fermoy, was a friend and confidant of Queen Elizabeth, the Queen mother.
4. She grew up in a house in the Sandringham estate, Norfolk, which belonged to the Royal family and was leased to Queen Elizabeth II.
5. Princess Diana dreamed of becoming a ballerina, but she said she too high.
6. She became a lady when her father inherited the title Earl Spencer. So Diana kept her the nickname “Lady Di” even after she became Princess of Wales by marrying Prince Charles.
7. Princess Diana was educated at home until age 9, before going to boarding school. When she was 16, went to study in Switzerland, but stayed there for only one semester.
8. Before meeting Charles and the future Princess had to poprobavat himself at various jobs, including a nanny and a kindergarten teacher.
9. Princess Diana – the first in the Royal family were in paid employment.
10. Diana met Prince Charles only twelve times before they got married. At the time she was 19 and he was 32.
11. She was the first in the Royal family, who gave birth in the hospital. To the monarch gave birth at home.
12. She wrote letters of appreciation to each person that had given her a gift. Rumor has it that she wrote thousands of letters after the birth of Prince William. Since then, some of them were auctioned at a price from 2000 to 20 000 dollars.
13. In April 1987 the world saw the photo of the Princess, shaking the hand of a HIV-infected patient without gloves, showing the desire to end stigma against people living with HIV, and to raise public awareness about the disease.
14. Elton John, George Michael, Tilda Swinton and Liza Minnelli are just a few of the known friends of the Princess.
15. Favorite band of Princess Diana was ABBA. Kate Middleton and Prince William paid tribute to Diana, playing ABBA songs in their wedding day in 2011.
16. Her engagement ring was selected from the catalog for the first time in the history of the Royal family.
According to the materials of vogue.co.uk