There were rumors that he may become the new Minister of foreign Affairs of Ukraine, but no. President Vladimir Zelensky today appointed Ambassador extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Ukraine Vadim Pristayko Deputy head of his Administration. Thus, he became the fifth person who was awarded this honor.
Previously Deputy head of administration of the President was proposed by Cyril Tymoshenko, the Ruslan Ryaboshapka here, Yuri Kostyuk and Elena zerkal, but the latest from the new appointment, refused.
Who are you, Mr. Prystayko?
Vadim Vladimirovich Prystaiko 49 years. According to his official biography, he was born on 20 February 1970 in the town of Kiliya of Odessa region, but later his family moved to Kiev.
There in 1994 Pristayko graduated with honors from Kyiv Polytechnic Institute, receiving a degree in information technology, and in 1998 received a master’s degree in Ukrainian Academy of foreign trade.
His professional activity began with the private sector in 1993-1994 he co-founded one of the first Ukrainian Internet providers and the Internet-editions “E-news”.
Then moved to public service. In particular:
- from 1994 to 1997 was chief economist, head of Department, Deputy head of Department trade and economic ties with the countries of Africa, Asia and the Pacific, Ministry of foreign economic ties and trade of Ukraine;
- from 1997 to 2000 – Deputy head of the Department of Asia and the Pacific of the Fifth territorial Department of the Ministry of foreign Affairs of Ukraine;
- from 2000 to 2001 – Consul of the Consulate General of Ukraine in Sydney (Australia);
- from 2001 to 2002 – the chief consultant of the Main Directorate for foreign policy of the presidential Administration of Ukraine;
- from 2002 to 2006, Advisor on political Affairs, temporary attorney (2003-2004, 2005-2006) for Ukraine in Canada;
- from 2007 to 2009 – Deputy Director, Department of NATO;
- from 2009 to 2012 – Minister counselor, Deputy head of mission of the Embassy of Ukraine to the United States;
- from 2012 to 2014 – Ambassador extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Ukraine in Canada;
- from 2014 to 2017 – the Deputy Minister of foreign Affairs of Ukraine – chief of staff, first Deputy Minister of foreign Affairs of Ukraine.
Currently Pristayko is the head of mission of Ukraine to NATO. This position he has held since 2017. Accordingly, his diplomatic rank – extraordinary and Plenipotentiary envoy of the second class.
Among other things, it is worth noting that Pristayko is married and has two sons.
According to the Declaration for the year 2018, the family has a total ownership of two apartments in Kiev. Three apartments and one unfinished building in the capital is solely owned by his wife Inna.
He Pristayko owns the BMW X1 2017 release.
Total family income for last year is 3,18 million. The accounts of the banks have listed the 42.9 thousand UAH 7.2 thousand euros and 1 thousand dollars, cash stored 30 thousand UAH and 10 thousand euros.
What powers has the Administration of President
The administration of the President of Ukraine is a permanent body created by the head of the Ukrainian state to ensure the full exercise of its constitutional powers on the basis of transparency, openness, and transparency.
Thus, it exercises the following powers:
– analyzes the political, economic, social, humanitarian and other processes occurring in Ukraine, is preparing his results for submission to the President proposals on issues of formation and implementation of internal and external policy of the state aimed at ensuring compliance with the Constitution of Ukraine, rights and freedoms of man and citizen, state sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine;
– prepares proposals for the implementation of the management of the state foreign policy and submits them for consideration the President of Ukraine, provides implementation by the President represent the state in international relations;
– participates in the development of proposals to prevent and neutralize threats to national security of Ukraine, implementation of the President’s leadership in the field of national security and defense of Ukraine, performance of authority of the Chairman of the Council, monitor the implementation of activities in this field, ensures the implementation of powers in the sphere of control over activity of Armed forces of Ukraine, other military formations;
– ensures the preparation of draft addresses of the President to the nation, annual and extraordinary addresses of the President to the Verkhovna Rada on the internal and external situation of the state, publishes such messages;
– provides interaction of the President and the Verkhovna Rada, Cabinet of Ministers, law enforcement, other state bodies, bodies of local self-government, associations of citizens (including political parties, trade unions), enterprises, institutions and other organizations, contributes to the effectiveness of such interaction;
– conducts in accordance with established procedure examination adopted by the Verkhovna Rada of laws submitted to the President for signature, preparing proposals for the signing of laws or the application to them of the veto.
– provides the planning activities of the President;
– develops and submits to the President a draft Executive orders, presidential directives, and other documents;
– ensures the preparation of draft bills submitted by the President to the Verkhovna Rada as a legislative initiative; prepares proposals for the President of bill as urgent for early consideration of Parliament;
– ensures the official publication, the President signed the laws of Ukraine, and also decrees and orders of the President and many other powers enumerated in the regulations on the Administration of the President of Ukraine.
Important: since Vadim pristayko was among the leadership of the authority, all of the above would be his jurisdiction.