On the night of January 30, Apple held a conference call during which he reported to investors about their financial success for the first fiscal quarter of 2019 (the fourth calendar quarter of 2018). As expected, the company did not report specific sales data for the iPhone, iPad and Mac, where she managed to significantly increase its profitability from services, computers, and wearable devices compared with the same period last year.
According to the information provided, the yield from services for the first time in the history of 10.9 billion dollars, which is 19% higher compared with a year earlier. Sales of Mac computers, Wearables and home devices, and accessories reached a record value growth of 9 % and 33 %, respectively, and the yield from iPad sales rose 17 %.
- Revenue of 84.3 billion (in 2018 – RUR 88.5 billion)
- Net profit of 19.6 billion (in 2018 $ 20 billion)
- Earnings per share – 4.18 dollar (3.36 dollar in 2018)
- iPad – data not provided (in 2018 13.2 million)
- iPhone – data not provided (2018 – 77,3 million)
- Mac – data not provided (2018 – 5.1 million)
- iPod – data not shown
- Apple Watch data not shown
What makes Apple?
How to change Apple’s revenue:
Dynamics of net income Apple:
- Revenues from such services as Apple 10.9 billion dollars (8.8 billion a year earlier)
- Sales of iPod, Apple TV and accessories increased by c of 6.7 to 7.31 of milliard $
Interesting facts and allegations:
- The number of active devices reached a record level of 1.4 billion
- International sales accounted for 62% of the quarter’s revenue
- Revenues from iPhone sales declined by 15% compared with a year earlier
- Apple’s Board of Directors has declared a cash dividend of 0.73 dollar per share. The dividend will be paid on 11 February 2019
- Net cash balance amounted to $ 130 billion
The last quarter was quite successful for Apple, despite the fact that the company has suffered some loss in sales of devices. This is evidenced by the growth of revenues from services and an increase in net earnings per share. As expected, investors reacted negatively to the report, the company’s stock first was the “red” zone, but then grew by almost 6 % in after hours. Compare the figures with the previous quarter here.