Many users do not realize what a vast possibilities provides such a powerful tool like Automator. At first glance, the program is quite complex to learn, but understand, you can see that the control is pretty intuitive and clear. Today we’ll show you how to configure a service that will automatically delete files on a schedule.
If you frequently work with files on your Mac probably has accumulated a lot of excess data. To remove them, of course, no problem, but after some time the situation repeats. In this case, we can make your life easier with a simple script that will automatically delete old files from our Mac. What do you need?
- You must start the application “Automator” in any convenient way.
- In the “document Type” select “Action folders“.
- In the right part of the program we will see the option “folder Action receives files and folders added to“. Add a folder where you will need to clean files on schedule.
- Now we need to find process “to Find objects Finder“. For this we can use search.
- Add the process in the right part of the application.
- We have to specify the conditions of the script. As an example, we will perform cleanup of the old files with last modified date more than a month ago.
- Next, you need to find the option “Move objects Finder to Cart” again to add in the right part of the application.
- You’re done! Maintain our service.
Now Automator will automatically clean specific folder from old files which is already more than a month.