Bayern Munich and RB Leipzig square off in a top-of-the-table Bundesliga clash at the Allianz Arena on Saturday evening (5.30pm kick-off UK time).
Both teams have lost just once in the league all season, and only two points separate Bundesliga leaders Bayern and their nearest challengers.
Hansi Flick’s men are near perfect at home, winning four of their opening five matches (the other ending in a 1-1 draw with Werder Bremen), scoring 18 goals whilst conceding four times.
Leipzig, by contrast, have been inconsistent on the road having won just one of their last four league games on the road and that came in Augsburg (0-2) in mid-October. However, they did win away from home in the Champions League in midweek, beating Istanbul Basaksehir 4-3 in a thrilling game thanks to Alexander Sorloth’s injury-time winner.
Can Julian Nagelsmann’s side inflict the first home defeat on Bayern or will the champions rise to the occasion once more?
Where to watch Bayern Munich vs RB Leipzig on TV:
Where to live stream Bayern Munich vs RB Leipzig:
UK: Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Bet365 account already who are interested in streaming Bayern Munich vs RB Leipzig live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund the new account.
- Pick the desired event from among the ‘live now’ or ‘schedule’ sections in Bet365’s ‘live streaming’ category.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (11:30, 03/12/20)
Bayern Munich & RB Leipzig’s previous line-ups:
- Bayern Munich (vs Atlético Madrid): Nübel; Hernández, Alaba, Süle; Sarr, Musiala, Martínez, Arrey-Mbi; Sané, Choupo-Moting, Costa.
- RB Leipzig (vs Istanbul Basaksehir): Gulácsi; Mukiele*, Upamecano, Konaté, Angeliño; Kampl, Sabitzer; Haidara, Forsberg, Olmo; Poulsen.
A number of key Bayern players are set to sit this game out: Corentin Tolisso, Joshua Kimmich and Alphonso Davies remain on the sidelines. However, aside from the aforementioned trio, Bayern will return to full strength after rotating in midweek.
As for Nagelsmann, he visits the champions without the injured quartet of Benjamin Henrichs, Lukas Klostermann, Konrad Laimer and Fabrice Hartmann whilst Hee-Chan Hwang misses out due to illness. Nordi Mukiele and Alexander Sorloth are also doubts.
Players to watch:
- Bayern Munich: Whenever the champions play, all eyes are naturally on Robert Lewandowski, but going under the radar once again is their very own “raumdeuter” Thomas Müller. The German reinvented himself last year as Bayern’s creator-in-chief, producing 21 assists in 33 league matches and has continued where he left off this season creating six goals whilst scoring four himself. Müller was again on hand in their 3-1 win at Stuttgart meaning only Eintracht Frankfurt (5-0) and Werder Bremen (1-1) have prevented him from either scoring or creating during a single Bundesliga game so far this season.
- RB Leipzig: The loss of Timo Werner is still felt at Leipzig and nothing better illustrates that point than flying left-back Angeliño being their leading scorer on four goals. The on-loan Manchester City star will undoubtedly have another role against Bayern who possess some of the Bundesliga’s best wide players. The Spaniard has proven capable when on the backfoot; so far this season he’s averaging 1.7 tackles and 1.3 interceptions per game. He’ll need to be on top of his game at both ends if Leipzig are to get something out of this contest.
Bundesliga 2019/20 recent form:
- Bayern Munich: WWWDW
- RB Leipzig: WLWDW
Scoreline prediction: Bayern Munich 3-1 RB Leipzig
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)