Became known which genes it gets from mom and which from dad

Стало известно, какие гены получает от мамы, а какие - от папы

I think you’ve heard the expression “bought” or “like father like son”. Scientists say that it is a false statement. Each parent transmits to the child half of their genes. But by the father’s genes are more aggressive than mom’s, so they are more likely to be dominant, that is, manifest himself.

The sex of the baby

For the sex of the child meet the sperm. Eggs always carry a “girly” X-chromosome, and the sperm – either X-chromosome (then the child will be female) or Y chromosome (and then a boy). Scientists have noticed another fact, if dad has many brothers, the probability of having a son increases if he has a lot of sisters, born more daughters. Few men contain almost the same number of sperm with X and Y chromosomes.

External signs

In the male Y chromosome contains less genes than the X chromosome. Moreover, a number of the Y-chromosome is responsible for the formation of male sexual characteristics. Therefore, a large part of the appearance of the sons will receive from mom. In the case of birthday girl, she gets the same number of genes from both parents, so her appearance to guess in advance will not work.

The condition of the teeth

Although the structure of the jaw and shape of the teeth can transmit both parents, the health of the teeth meets the Pope. So if he makes frequent visits to the dentist, and children are in the dental clinic are frequent “guests”.

The sons of the intelligence passed to their mother. Daughters inherit the mind and from dad and from mom. But only 40% of intelligence is genetically transmitted, the remaining 60% is dependent on education and learning. So no matter how smart parents were not, if their children will not develop the intelligence they would be appropriate.

A tendency to mental illness

The older the dad, the worse his sperm and the genes in the sperm. This factor increases the risk of a child getting disorders. Scientists found that children born to fathers aged 45 and older are more prone to suicide and problems with learning.

The tendency to disease

Dad with coronary heart disease can pass it to their sons. Infertile men who have decided to try IVF, passed to the son of a predisposition to this problem. Hemophilia (bad coagulability of blood), Duchenne’s myodystrophy (progressive muscular dystrophy), autism most often women convey to the sons. Thus, even if the mother carries the defective gene responsible for these diseases, they may not appear among the daughters. The fact that the son is sent only one X chromosome from mom, the girls – two from both parents. Therefore, the sons there is nothing to replace a bad gene.

Height and weight

Almost 40% of people have a tendency to be underweight or thinness is passed from parents. Moreover, it can be as mom’s “legacy” and dad’s. That’s just the predisposition to slimness less frequently transmitted to children than the tendency to gain weight.

From 60 to 80% of a child’s growth is determined by genes of his parents. The rest depends on lifestyle and nutrition. Scientists also noted that when the growth is about the same parents, their younger children would be lower than senior. To know the growth of the child in the future, you may need two formulas.

Formula 1. The growth of the boy: to increase mothers add to the growth of the Pope and then another 13 cm, divide the amount by 2 is the approximate height of your son in the future. The growth of girls: to increase mothers add to the growth of dads and subtract 13 cm, divide the result by 2 is the approximate height of your daughter.

Formula 2. The growth of girls at 18 months and a boy of 2 years multiplied by 2. About the same height, plus or minus 10 cm and will be at your child when they become an adult.

Eye color

Brown eyes often dominate. But it may cause the child and with light eyes, if the brown eyed parent has a recessive gene for light eyes. At the same time is the appearance of a brown-eyed baby from two blue-eyed parents and Vice versa.

Dimples

If one of the parents has dimples, the greater the likelihood that the child will be also. It’s just a dominant trait.

Curly or smooth hair

If both parents have curly hair, then the child likely to be born curly. If both parents have straight hair, then the child they will be straight. Straight hair can be in a child if both parents have recessive genes to have straight hair. If one parent is curly, the hair can be wavy.

Share