Boeing updated the software for flight control and maneuvers called the Maneuvering Characteristics Augmentation System, where errors could cause the crash of the Airliners 737 MAX series. About it reported in a press-service of the company.
So, the MCAS program was developed and certified for the Boeing 737, to increase their stability. After updating the program there are additional levels of protection to be used during the sensing angle of attack of the aircraft indicate erroneous data.
“The software has been hundreds of hours of analysis, laboratory testing, inspection of the simulator and two test flights, including flight certification testing with the Federal aviation administration (FAA) on Board as observers,” – said in the company.
From now on, the flight control system will compare the gauges of the liner, and then decide whether to activate MCAS. It is expected that the updates will reduce the workload of the crew in emergency situations and prevent erroneous activation of the program.
Help: Program MCAS ensures that the aircraft does not exceed the critical “angle of attack”, that is not very up your nose with a headwind, never lost traction and was not included in a tailspin.
- Representatives of the airline Ethiopian Airlines told the details of the disaster.
- Two on-Board recorder of a passenger plane Boeing 737 of the airline Ethiopian Airlines have been discovered on the site of the crash in Ethiopia. They were sent for analysis to France.
- After the collapse of the European Union has suspended flights of Boeing 737 MAX 8 as long as the causes of the crash.
- Boeing decommissioned more than 300 aircraft series MAX.
- Later, the civil aviation authority in Algeria closed the country’s airspace for the Boeing 737 MAX.
- Because of the disaster in Ethiopia, the President of the United States Donald trump has offered to change the leadership of the Federal office of civil aviation of the country.
- In addition, Garuda Indonesia canceled multibillion-dollar contract with Boeing.