In Ukraine and in the world today holidays and red dates calendar no.
Holidays on 31 January in the Orthodox calendar:
- The day of memory of saints Athanasius the Great and Cyril, archbishops of Alexandria;
- The veneration of the venerable schemamonk Cyril and shimonahinya Mary, parents of St. Sergius of Radonezh;
- Pominovenie St Athanasius Santambrogio, Vologda;
- The day of the righteous Athanasius Navolotskaya;
- Veneration of the monk Marcian of Cyrus (Kiryakova);
- Pominovenie of St. Michael Kargopolov, pastor;
- Day of the Holy Martyr Eugenia Isetskogo, pastor;
- The worship of the priest-Martyr Vladimir Zubkavich, Nikolay Krasovsky, Sergiy Lebedev, Alexander Rusinov, the elders.
National holidays January 31:
Afanasiev day is a public holiday, which is associated with strong frosts. People knew that today winter will show its power in full force. Watching the weather: if Blizzard one day in early winter not to wait, and clear weather spoke otherwise. Flocks of crows in the sky informed about frosts. And cold without snow is a sign of a good harvest in the summer.
It was a special day for witches. They gathered on the Sabbath and completely lost his head from joy. And returning from the festivities, tried to hurt people. Therefore, people tried to protect and save your house from evil spirits, various rituals and ceremonies, help for which was provided by the witch doctors.
Honored on this day geese. Their feathers were thick and beautiful, on this day they were fed exclusively grain.
What are the holidays 31 January to celebrate the countries and peoples of the world?
Today, Switzerland has opened its doors to the gourmet Festival in St. Moritz, and Nauru celebrates its independence Day.
Birthday celebrate Alexander, Athanasius, Vladimir, Dmitry, Evgenie, Yemelyan, Ephraim, Hilarion, Cyril, Xenia, Maxim, Maria, Michael, Nikolay, Sergey.