Christmas is a special holiday. Its traditions Ukrainians cherish as something sacred, and keep for many years. One of the traditions is the preparation of the dish called kutya. It believed godchildren must carry their godparents. Ways of cooking are different, we will tell you the traditional recipe Kuti, as well as share more modernized techniques of cooking.
Classic Christmas pudding
Let’s start with the traditional recipe. This kutya of wheat with poppy seeds, honey, raisins and nuts.
- 1 Cup wheat
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 Cup poppy
- 1/2 Cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 Cup raisins
- 2 -3 tablespoons honey
- Wheat, prepared to corner, rinse and soak in water for 4 hours. Sodden rump pour water and cook on weak fire to readiness.
- The wheat should be soft but not completely soft after boiling. If necessary, during cooking add water.
- Poppy grind in a coffee grinder.
- Nuts cut. Light seedless raisins pour 30 minutes with warm water.
- Mix wheat, poppy seeds, nuts, raisins, add honey to taste and mix well.
- To serve Christmas pudding cold.
THE PUDDING WINE
- wheat or barley – 1 Cup
- Mak – 100 grams
- raisins – 30-40 grams
- dried apricots – 30-40 grams
- nuts – a handful
- honey – 1 tbsp
- red sweet wine – 1 tbsp
- Wheat or barley steep in water for several hours and cook on a slow fire.
- Mac pour boiling water, then grind in a mortar or loop in a meat grinder.
- Add pre-steamed in boiling water for 20 minutes the raisins and dried apricots.
- Chop and add the nuts, and then fill the pudding with a mixture of honey and red wine.
Since now it became very popular to eat right and not eat junk food published a recipe for a healthy Kuti, considering the conditions of proper nutrition.
- ? Cup quinoa
- 1 Cup almond milk
- ? cups water
- ? teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ? Cup poppy
- ? teaspoon ground dry ginger
- ? teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoon of honey
- 2 teaspoons raisins, dried cranberries or other dried fruit
- Poppy grind in a blender and cover with water at least 1 hour.
- Rinse quinoa and mix in a saucepan with almond milk and water. Bring to boil, cook for 2-4 minutes, season with a little salt and reduce the heat.
- Add all spices and cook on low heat for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat.
- Add dried fruit and honey. Serve hot. You can add on top of berries, pine nuts and mint leaves.
A pudding with chocolate and halva
- 200 grams wheat
- 50 grams of raisins,
- 50 grams walnuts,
- 20 grams of poppy seeds,
- 50 grams of paste and the same amount of dark chocolate.
- To cook wheat wheat: rinse well, pour hot water, boil in a saucepan over low heat until soft. After the grits have cooled.
- Mac steamed and grind.
- Rinse the raisins, steamed and dry.
- When all the ingredients prepared, combine with cold wheat, poppy seeds, nuts, raisins, honey. You can add a little compote.
- Halva and chocolate cut into small pieces and gently stir into the pudding.
Kutya of wheat with dried fruits
- 150 grams millet
- 100 grams of dried fruit,
- 50 grams of butter,
- sugar to taste,
- a pinch of salt.
Chopped dried fruits pour hot water and cook for 30-40 minutes. Fruit need to get, and in the broth, add water, sugar, salt, millet and cook porridge. Cool the pudding, add the dried fruit and butter.
The pudding in pumpkin
- 1 small whole and round pumpkin,
- about 200 grams of rice or wheat (to your taste),
- 50 grams of raisins and as many prunes with dried apricots,
- 20 grams of poppy seeds and walnuts,
- vanilla and cinnamon to taste
- Carefully cut off the top-“cover” of a pumpkin, to choose the pulp and seeds.
- The inside of the pumpkin to send some raisins, prunes and dried apricots and to put it all in a pre-heated oven. Leave the pumpkin to simmer in the oven on low heat.
- If you taste the pudding based on rice, this cereal wash and boil until soft in the usual way. Wheat to do almost the same thing: rinse the groats, pour hot water, boil in a saucepan over low heat until soft, periodically adding hot water.
- Mac also washed and steamed with hot water (not boiling water!) for 2-3 hours. Then grind and add a lot of honey, vanilla and cinnamon to taste.
- To connect with rump grinded poppy seeds, remaining dried fruits and nuts, stir and add to the pumpkin. If the mixture turns dry, you can add a couple of tablespoons of compote.
- The pumpkin filling to send again in the oven for a few minutes. After cooling and serve.
The pudding in the pot in the oven
- 1 Cup wheat;
- 2-2. 5 cups of water;
- 3-4 tablespoons of poppy seeds;
- 50 grams of raisins;
- Honey to taste;
- Wheat rinse and fill with clean cold water overnight.
- In the morning transfer to the pot 0.5 cups of wheat (and if the pot is large, all quarters), cover with water in a ratio of 2-2,5 parts to 1 part of wheat.
- To cook the pudding in the oven at 160 degrees for 2 hours or until then, until the wheat is absorbing the water, will be soft.
- Mac steamed with boiling water or boil for 5 minutes, then drain and grind in a mortar or blender.
- Rinse the raisins and pour warm boiled water and leave for 5-7 minutes.
- Nuts to clean, chop and fry in a clean, dry frying pan: they are particularly tasty.
- Add to prepared wheat, poppy, raisins, nuts, you can not pour from and put on the table in separate bowls.
- To taste add honey when kutya already not hot, but warm.
The Christmas pudding in the slow cooker with candied fruit
- 2 multistone (usually 160 ml) wheat (bystrorastvorimami) or rice
- 3 multistone water
- 100-120 grams of poppy
- 100-120 grams walnuts
- 200 grams of dried fruit (dried apples, dried apricots, raisins etc.)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- a pinch of salt
- candied fruit for decoration (optional)
- Wheat or rice, rinse and put in the bowl multivarki. Pour water, add a pinch of salt and turn on the “Rice”. If you cook the pudding out of the ordinary unpolished wheat, it is desirable to soak for a few hours and then pour water in the ratio 1:2 and cook on mode “Stewing” for 2 hours.
- Dried fruits pour boiling water to cover (about 2 multitone) and let stand.
- Mac also pour boiling water and leave for about an hour. Poppy grind in a coffee grinder or grind in a blender manual, preliminary drain with the water.
- With dried fruit and pour the compote, but 200 ml save. To cut dried fruits and compote dissolve the honey.
- Now pour into the slow cooker to the porridge of crushed poppy seeds, dried fruit and walnuts, which need to pre-roast (in the oven or on a dry pan).
- Stir and pour over the compote.
And all news relating to the Christmas holidays can be found by tag “Christmas 2020”.
More news in our Telegram channel. If you witness an emergency or accident, found a dangerous object, lifeless body, noticed fire or arson, report about it in the 101, 102 and 103, and write in our Telegram chat. To join him HERE.