Ukrainian boxer Middleweight Sergey Derevyanchenko decided on the next opponent. Ukrainian wants to fight for the title of world champion under version WBC against Carmella Charlo.
The Ukrainian trainer Andre Rozier confirmed that Sergey made a choice in favor of the world champion under version WBC Charlo. It is reported boxingnews24.com.
The Ukrainian refused to Alvarez
It is reported that Sergei chose to become a world champion by the WBC, than to fight with Alvarez, which wants to defend the belt “regular” champion by the WBA in the super Middleweight division.
It seems that we are moving toward consensus. I don’t know, but it seems that we are getting closer to the young man whose name starts with the letter “H”,
Who is Charlo?
30-year-old American became the world champion in the 1-m average weight, and is now the current holder of the WBC title in the Middleweight division. The undefeated boxer has had 30 fights in the professional ring.
Coach Sergey said that it is difficult for him to become world champion in a duel with Alvarez.
In addition, he called a debris belt “regular” champion WBA.
“The belt that he took from rocky Fielding is garbage, it doesn’t count. So we want to win the real title,” summed up andré Rozier.
According to preliminary information, the fight Derevyanchenko – Charlo
can occur in September-October 2020.
The third attempt Derevyanchenko become a champion
- Sergei two unsuccessful attempts to win the IBF title in the Middleweight division. For the first time the Ukrainian came out on a title fight in October 2018.
- Derevyanchenko has lost to Daniel Jacobs.
- But a year later, he received a second chance. He was supposed to meet with Alvarez, but the team has not agreed to fight.
- The IBF declared the title vacant and rival Derevyanchenko has appointed star Gennady Golovkin.
- Although Ukrainian had been knocked down in the first round, during the fight, he dominated. Win a controversial decision of the judges gave Golovkin.
Share the news