Ukrainian biathlete, world champion Dmitry Pidruchny received the Order “For merits” III degree. While the award he received almost a year after the announcement.
The order on awarding the order “For merits” III degree of Dmitry Pidruchnik was signed by the President Zelensky 13 Sep 2019. The award he received on the occasion of the day of physical culture and sports. However, the medal he received only on 20 July 2020 in the building of the Ternopil regional state administration.
As explained in the Ternopil regional state administration, the ceremony took place just now because of the epidemic of the coronavirus.
The awards ceremony was attended by the head of GUNP in Ternopil region Alexander Mantis, who is the Chairman of the Ternopil cell fizkulturno-sports society “Dynamo”. The site of the local police came the news of the award. However, the news somehow indicated that “the order of state award for the city was signed by the President of Ukraine at the beginning of the year.” Although this happened back in September 2019. Also given and quote Pidruchna.
“This award I waited a long time. In March of 2019 won the title of world champion in biathlon among men, winning the pursuit race, and earlier this year learned has me the state award – the order “For merits” III degree. But quarantine has delayed this solemn moment, but I’m happy,” – said in a statement Pidruchna.
I should add that he Pidruchny chief of the national guard, which is subordinate to the interior Ministry.
Dmitry Pidruchny: briefly about it
- Ukrainian biathlete born in the village of Ostrov, Ternopil district.
- The world and European champion in biathlon.
- March 10, 2019 became the first Ukrainian world champion in biathlon among men, winning the pursuit race.
- Participant team of Ukraine biathlon at the Olympic Winter games in Sochi in 2014 and the Olympic Winter games in Pyeongchang in 2018.
- The captain of the men’s team of Ukraine in biathlon.
Share the news