During reconstruction of the square of the pioneers of experts conducted archaeological research and found brick and granite stairs of the Old Alexander.
Step left from the lower Seating of a number of malls of Aleksandrovsk, which was located on the site of the modern street. To 1917-18 store belonged to Alexander the merchant Abram Moiseevich Genshaft.
Zaporizhia historian Valery Stoychev gave the Department of archival documents, which you can see the project “to build a stone under the iron roof of the store prinadlezhashie Genshaft on city land at the Mall of Ekaterinoslav on the street.”
Shopping arcades on the market square of the Old Alexandrovsk were in the territory of modern Park of Pioneers in 1874-1905 years and years 1911-1943 Trading rows consisted of three parallel rows of stalls. Their border ran along the current prospectus of the Cathedral, the streets of the Annunciation, Market and Mail. Trading rows were destroyed during the liberation of the city 1943.
Archaeological investigations at the site of reconstruction continues.
As previously wrote 061, reconstruction of the Park Pioneers will cost the city budget of 16.5 million. Work conducted by the company “Statusscreentitlebar”. The reconstruction will restore the Friendship of peoples fountain”.