The national Commission, carrying out state regulation in spheres of power and utilities (NKREKU), proposed to improve the system of assigning special responsibilities to ensure reasonable prices of electricity to household consumers in the new energy market, which will be launched on 1 July 2019. It will leave unchanged the tariffs for domestic consumers and to restrain the growth of tariffs for industrial consumers.
This is referred to in an official letter to the national Commission to the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, transfers “observer”.
In a letter to the regulator refers to the fact that the current model of PSO may result in additional financial burden on the market – therefore it needs to be improved.
“NKREKU provides suggestions regarding the issue of laying on of participants of the market of special responsibilities, namely:
1. Selling at least 80% of the electricity produced by nuclear power plants, electronic auctions at a fixed price
2. Selling at least 50% of the electricity produced by HPP, electronic auctions at a fixed price
3. Purchase of provider of universal services in the electronic auctions of a certain amount of electrical energy
4. Purchase network operators (OSP and OSR) at the electronic auctions of a certain amount of electric energy for compensation of technological losses of electric energy at its transmission/distribution;
5. To oblige nuclear power plant available in the navel and pay for services to ensure availability of electricity to domestic consumers,” the letter reads.
As noted by the national Commission, such an approach will ensure a stable amount of electricity for the needs of the population at affordable prices.
“This will reduce the additional profit of the nuclear power plant and thus reduce the burden on market participants and the average weighted price of electric energy to apply the same prices on e-auctions for all market participants, regardless of the purposes of delivery, that makes it impossible for potential abuse on the difference in prices, to ensure that nuclear and hydroelectric power predictable and stable cash flow. It will also provide a reduction in the level of tariffs OSP and OSR, which in turn will reduce the amount of PSO due to the difference between the purchase price of electrical energy and the final price for the population,” – says the regulator.
After approval of an appropriate model, the regulator will be able to calculate price limits in different segments of the market that will prevent growth in electricity prices for consumers after the introduction of the new electricity market.
We will remind, earlier Prime Minister of Ukraine Volodymyr Groysman said that the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine at the next meeting on Wednesday 5 June will take all the necessary decisions to run the electricity market from 1 July. According to Groisman, the important thing is that when you start the market has not increased the price of electricity for the population.
“The law gives us the ability to restrict the price and we’ll do it,” he said.
After a meeting of the national security Council last week Secretary of the NSDC Oleksandr danylyuk, said that regardless of the date of the introduction of the electricity market, the government can ensure the stability of tariffs.