A well-known pediatrician Eugene Komorowski decided to give a response to a large block of questions in connection with the increase in the incidence of diphtheria. A mass refusal of vaccination has created a situation where not only sick children but also adults. On diphtheria in the population very little data, from which the fear of disease grows, reports Newsmir.info
The letters – answers Dr. Komarovsky
1. There are different vaccines for different ages. In the “adult” vaccines, the amount of active substance is approximately twice lower than in children. Adults and children from 7 years old to be taught vaccine TD. For children from four years of age and older used “Botrix”.
2. About a lower number of doses of vaccine against diphtheria shows “M” in the name of “ADS.” If the vaccine is called “DT”, she integrated immediately against diphtheria and tetanus, if the “Td” – contains a lower dosage.
3. The adult population is instilled only the combined vaccine. It’s a double – once from diphtheria and tetanus, called DT, or triple DTP – diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis.
4. The population is instilled antidiareynami vaccines in a specific pattern. The first three vaccinations are up to a year, then a year and a half and 6 years. Each of the next vaccination is ten years from 16 years onwards.
5. Disputes scientists about the necessity of regular vaccination against diphtheria is not carried out. The nuances of the discussions are to be vaccinated with a vaccine against diphtheria with the tetanus component, or apply a triple vaccine “diphtheria + tetanus + pertussis”.
6. A separate recommendation known pediatrician: if possible, adults to acquire the vaccine from diphtheria and pertussis. This advice is especially worth taking note of if you are already thinking about posterity.
7. If as a child the person is vaccinated according to the scheme, and then I wasn’t vaccinated as an adult, he should be vaccinated once, regardless of age.
8. If people do not know exactly when and how was vaccinated in childhood, have received vaccinations against diphtheria ever, the next course of action. Should be vaccinated three times, with the second dose a month after the first, then wait six months and get the third vaccine.
9. Pregnant women should take responsibility for the health of not only his but also the unborn child! They should be vaccinated against diphtheria necessarily, they are entitled to additional vaccination.
10. For a period of 26 to 37 weeks, but not later than 14 days prior to the date of birth that every expectant mother should be vaccinated once the vaccine Tdap – direct from diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis.
Help: there are two types of pertussis vaccines: whole cell and acellular. Vaccine, devoid of cells, called acellular, this kind of vaccine, you should vaccinate anyone over seven years. The advantage of acellular vaccines is the reduced risk of adverse allergic events and neurological reactions. Acellular vaccines do not have a negative impact on the brain. The only drawback compared with whole cell pertussis vaccines – the higher cost. See also: Opinion of Dr. Komarovsky: follow the air into the room!
What you need to know about the labeling of the vaccines:
“DTP” – whole cell pertussis triple vaccine “diphtheria + tetanus + pertussis”.
“DTaP power” – a complex from whole-cell vaccines against tetanus and diphtheria with acellular pertussis vaccine;
“Tdap” vaccine only for adults. Her a complex against diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis, with a reduced dose of pertussis and diphtheria. The vaccine against whooping cough – acellular. This type of vaccine available on the market under the trade names “Boostrix” and “Adacel”. It is most suitable for the vaccination of the population older than 7 years.