During the quarantine, we have a great opportunity to try something new, not to fall into depression. For example, you can test your cooking skills and prepare something delicious.
The informant offers you to feel the chef and surprise the loved ones an unusual dish. Today you will learn how to cook a vegetable dish of French cuisine called “Ratatouille” at home. To simplify cooking, cilantro and thyme replaced by more accessible and familiar spices. I hope that this recipe will have you in mind.
Ingredients (for one medium pan):
- zucchini or zucchini – 2 PCs.;
- eggplant – 4 PCs.;
- tomatoes – 10 PCs.;
- garlic – 3 cloves;
- Bulgarian pepper – 1 PC.;
- onions – 2 PCs.;
- cheese – 200 g
METHOD OF PREPARATION
- Step 1. To prepare the sauce. Finely chop onion, 1 clove of garlic, bell pepper and 3 tomatoes.
- Step 2. On medium heat in olive or sunflower oil simmer the chopped onion, garlic, peppers, and tomatoes. Add to the mixture the seasonings to taste. If you want you can add a little dry white wine. Boil the sauce until then, until it begins to thicken.
- Step 3. Zucchini, eggplant and the remaining tomatoes cut into thin circles, no thicker than 2-3 millimeters. Also thinly slice the cheese.
- Step 4. Prepare a fireproof baking dish if it is not – deep frying pan. On the bottom evenly pour the prepared sauce.
- Step 5. Ring or spiral to be put on top of the sauce, chopped vegetables and cheese, alternating: zucchini, eggplant, tomatoes, and cheese. If the griddle or large – to put in several layers to fill the entire surface.
- Step 6. Sprinkle with spices, salt and pepper, drizzle with a few drops of oil and spread chopped garlic that was left.
- Step 7. Cover on top of the dish with parchment paper or foil.
- Step 8. Bake the Ratatouille for about an hour at a temperature of 150-180 °C. If your oven is not possible to set the temperature to bake until then, until zucchini and eggplant are soft and will not be protectice fork.
Put layers of ingredients on top of sauce
If the pan is big – make several layers, filling the surface
The pan should cover with foil and place in oven
Ratatouille at home ready.
The white house