The Chrome developers announced that with the release of Chrome 84 in July 2020 will be enabled by default, a new system of protection against spam through notifications.
Let me remind you that the fight against Intrusive and malicious notices the browser developers began last year. So, the creators of Firefox have collected interested in the statistics, which showed that the vast majority (97%) of Firefox users rejected the notification or chose to fully allow sites to show them. As a result, in Mozilla there is an option that allows the default to hide the popup notification, instead of blocked emails in the address bar there is a corresponding animated icon.
Similar changes were made to the browser Google: Chrome after the release of 80 in February this year, the developers also began to experiment with blocking notifications via chrome://flags and select “Quieter notification permission prompts”. If this option is enabled, notifications are hidden, and information from the corresponding message in the address bar (see image below).
Now, after the release of Chrome 84, which will be held on 12 July 2020, a new mechanism that detects spam, pop-UPS, notifications, improvements will be enabled by default for all users.
After this date, Chrome will block and hide all pop-up notifications that “is designed to mislead, deception or force the user to enable showing notifications”. This definition covers:
- notifications that make users enable notifications to access the content;
- notice, preceded by the misleading preliminary inquiries;
- alert reminiscent of chat messages, warnings, or system dialogs;
- sites that have been approved for showing notifications, but use it for identity theft or fraud entice users personal information.
- sites that have been approved for showing notifications, but use notifications to promote, hosting or posting links to malicious or unwanted programs.
Google engineers advise site owners to check the report about incorrect notifications (Notifications Report Abusive) in Search Console of your website to make sure that their resource will not be lock after the July release.