In India, in Gujarat, in the hotel during the cleaning of sewers, seven people were killed. This was announced by Indian officials, writes India Today.
“Sanitation workers fell into the sewer to clean it. When one employee is stuck, others tried to help him, but they all died of suffocation,” said the responsible district inspector Kieran of Severe.
The cause of death is inhalation of toxic fumes.
Police say the incident happened on Saturday, shortly after midnight, in the hotel “Darshan” in the village Particui, about 30 km from the city Vadodara. Three employees of the hotel were also among the dead.
A fire team from Valadarski municipal Corporation has carried out rescue work. After three hours the bodies were sent for examination and handed over to relatives for burial.
The hotel owner Hassan Abbas Ismail Borane is hiding from the authorities.