In Western Ukraine compared to early August, the price of electricity decreased by 14%, and in Ukraine – 20%.
According to the Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada Committee on energy and housing and communal services of Andrei Gerus, today Burshtynska energostroi in the Transcarpathian, Ivano-Frankivsk, Lviv regions the price of electricity is at a historic low – the lowest since the launch of the new market model.
Now it is 1.35 UAH per kW/h (the day-ahead market). It is 19 cents or 14% less than it was in early August.
In UES of Ukraine with the price of 1.26 UAH per kW/h is reduced by 20% compared to early August.
According to Gems, it shows that the wholesale market of electric energy is really starting to work competition.
We will not populists, it is fair to admit that today’s prices are low enough and with the onset of cold weather, they are likely to increase. But that’s okay, this is a market that operates on supply and demand, he added.
In addition, schedulers for several days restrict electricity imports to a minimum level, and from 15 November generally unable to abandon it.
In Ukraine due to competition the price of electricity is decreased by 15% – Gerus / 2 pictures
Thus, Andrei Gerus concluded that in a few months:
- import diesel from Russia was reduced from 45% to a relatively safe 15% (without increasing prices for consumers);
- Kaluska CHP was returned to the state;
- Centrenergo moved to the sale of electricity on the exchange (the day-ahead market);
- the price of electricity has decreased by 15%;
- non-domestic consumers in October-November will receive a reduced invoice and you will see that operating competitive market can provide benefits.
As for me, these are the actions give mandate to some unpopular tariff decisions. Because it’s honest and it’s important for trust. Therefore, these 5 months were not wasted, and you can lay down the mandate, – finished off Andrey Gerus.
By the way, before Andriy Gerus called the condition for the termination of import of electricity from Russia.