Ukraine is so diverse that constantly surprises and delights us.
Ukrainians used to go on holiday to other countries in search of scenic places and completely forgot about the fact that our country is no less amazing and incredibly beautiful. Ukraine is so diverse that constantly surprises and delights us. One of the prides of our country – in the Carpathians.
We will tell you the most interesting facts about the Carpathians.
1. The highest village in the Carpathians is a village in Chernivtsi region, located at an altitude of 1100 m above sea level, is called Vypchyna.
3. Have you ever heard of the cave with glass walls? And in Ukraine there is one. Located in Tyachiv district, Transcarpathian region. It is a karst cave that was formed in the Jurassic calcareous rocks. Has 2 cameras, arranged perpendicular to each other. The walls of the cells cover milky white transparent calcite and green patterns.
4. The highest hotel in the Carpathians – “Berkut”. The school was built yablunitskom pass at the altitude of 930 m above sea level in 1968.
5. The highest railway station in the Carpathians – station “Beskid”. Rises above sea level to 790 m.
6. The longest wind musical instrument in the Carpathians and?? in the world – trembita. It is a conical tube of wood. Reaches 4 m in length. Hearing the sound of the instrument is greater than 10 km.
7. In the Carpathians there is a forest Museum that operates in the village of Ust-Black. The exposition tells about the profession of lumberjacks. The Museum houses a collection of vehicles designed for forestry work.
8. 1907 on the territory of the Ukrainian Carpathians have discovered fossils of ice age animals. At a depth of approximately 12, 5 m found a mammoth. Deeper – a huge deer, rhinoceros, and members of the class of amphibians.
9. Near the village of Middle Water in Rakhiv district, Transcarpathian region there are rocks with hieroglyphs. Strange inscriptions – a work of nature. Formed by waves of an ancient sea.
10. The tallest tree in the Carpathians was 140-year-old European larch. Cut down in Rakhiv, the height was 54 m.