Andrea Pirlo will be hopeful of winning his first Derby della Mole as a manager when Juventus host Torino in Serie A on Saturday (5pm kick-off).
The former Juventus midfielder has not had the greatest of starts to life in charge of the Old Lady, despite currently sitting fourth after nine games and still unbeaten. Juventus have drawn five of their nine matches so far, with four wins, and are already six points behind early leaders AC Milan. They have, however, been better in the Champions League securing a knockout spot early and are still in with a chance of topping Group G.
The decider against Barcelona next week may be on Juventus’ mind as they welcome local rivals Torino, who are struggling near the bottom of Serie A. Il Toro have won just once this season and have the worst defence in Serie A, conceding 22 goals in their nine games so far, and are in poor form against Juve.
The Old Lady have lost just one of their last 28 Serie A matches against Torino, winning 21, and have not lost a home Derby della Mole since April 1995.
Where to watch Juventus vs Torino on TV:
- UK: Premier Sports 1
- US: ESPN+
Where to live stream Juventus vs Torino:
UK: Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Bet365 account already who are interested in streaming Juventus vs Torino live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund the new account.
- Pick the desired event from among the ‘live now’ or ‘schedule’ sections in Bet365’s ‘live streaming’ category.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (17:30, 04/12/20).
Juventus & Torino’s previous line-ups:
- Juventus (vs Dynamo Kyiv): Szczesny; De Ligt, Bonucci, Demiral*; Chiesa, Bentancur, McKennie, Sandro; Ramsey; Ronaldo, Morata*.
- Torino (vs Sampdoria): Sirigu; Bremer, Lyanco, Rodriguez; Wingo, Meite, Rincon, Linetty, Ansaldi; Zaza, Belotti.
Merih Demiral suffered a minor thigh injury in Juventus’ Champions League win over Dynamo Kyiv on Wednesday night and while he is not expected to be out long-term, he will certainly miss the derby, being re-evaluated in 10 days. Alvaro Morata is also out, suspended due to his red card against Benevento last weekend.
Torino, meanwhile, are sweating on the fitness of Nicola Murru and Simone Verdi, both of whom picked up problems in training on Thursday and will be assessed again before Saturday’s game.
Players to watch:
- Juventus: Federico Chiesa. In midweek, Alvaro Morata and Cristiano Ronaldo continued their fine starts to the season in front of goal, but there was another, more significant name on the scoresheet. Chiesa opened the scoring for Juventus after 21 minutes, getting his first Champions League goal, following in his father’s footsteps in scoring in the competition. It was also Chiesa’s first goal for Juventus, having joined from Fiorentina late in the window. His late arrival means that Chiesa has already faced Torino this season, in Fiorentina’s opening game, assisting in the 1-0 win. And Chiesa has carried his assisting form over to Juventus, already creating four goals for the Old Lady in four league games. He added another assist in midweek for Morata and, with the Spaniard suspended, he may see his attacking responsibilities increase whether at wing-back or in a more natural advanced position.
- Torino: Andrea Belotti. While Chiesa will be looking to get off the mark for Juventus in Serie A, Belotti is just one goal away from a big milestone. The Italian forward has been a big part of Torino’s side since joining from Palermo in 2015, spearheading their attack with his strength and aerial ability. Belotti’s style of play has been perfect for him in Torino’s, and sees the Italian on 99 goals for the club across all competitions. He reached 99 with another strike against Sampdoria on Monday, his seventh for the season, and will hope 100 comes against his side’s rivals to help bring an upset.
Scoreline prediction: Juventus 3-1 Torino
Serie A 2020/21 recent form:
- Juventus: DWDWD
- Torino: LWDLD
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)