Povetkin made a statement regarding the fight Oleksandr Usyk

Поветкин сделал заявление касательно боя с Александром Усиком

Russian boxer Alexander Povetkin, who could be the next opponent of Alexander Usik, said that he would be interested to try their hand at fight with Ukrainian.

Povetkin told that is now recovering after surgery on his elbows.

“I train practically recovered from surgery on his elbows. There was a lot of talk that I’m fighting with a Mustache, I would be interested in this fight. But the battle is not yet assigned, I train. I think that soon we will have an understanding on this issue”, – quotes TASS Povetkin.

The Russian said that his plans definitely do not include the completion of a career.

“Don’t think about retirement. Like I said, there is still a desire and power. Let’s see how will behave in the body, but do not plan to finish and ready to start preparing for the next battle,” – said the boxer.

Povetkin previously agreed to fight Alexander Usik. Although among the likely candidates to fight against the Russians two boxer. Also, the media reported that the antenna and Povetkin could not agree about the battle, because the Russians wanted to have a fight in between.

According to preliminary information, a Cirrus agreed to fight with Cameroonian Carlos Takama heavyweight champion. The fight is scheduled for may 18. And after this fight Povetkin and Barbel can fight against each other.

His last fight Usyk came against Tony Bellew (30-3-1, 20 KOS), having sent the rival to a knockout in the eighth round. Thus, the Ukrainian defended all the champion titles in heavy weight.

Povetkin in the autumn of 2018, lost to Anthony Joshua. The fight ended in the 7th round with the victory of Joshua.

Follow us on Twitter and Telegram

Share