On June 22, in Day of memory and grief, the mayor Yuriy Vilkul opened the renovated monument to the defenders Krasovskii dam.
“We do everything that in Kryvyi Rih the memory of soldiers-liberators, who won in 1945, was not forgotten. In the city 67 monuments, mass graves and 50 memorial plaques in honor of the fallen soldiers who defended their native land from the enemy and always take care to ensure that they were maintained. Memory is sacred!”.
Overhaul of the monument in Krasivsky dam lasted 3.5 months. Preserving this external space, renovated all of the elements of the monument, was facing the concrete walls of the element “star” granite slabs with decorative elements, strengthening the perimeter of a square monument with a concrete fence. Construction work carried out on the site leading to the monument. Considerable attention was paid to landscaping around the monument: replaced asfaltpirate, curbs, renovated sidewalks, pedestrian area. Comfort added decorative trees and lawns.
Reference: February 21, 1944 a detachment of special purpose, under the command of Colonel Arkady N. shurupova, established as part of the 37th army, cleared the Krivoy Rog district power station and the dam on the river Saksagan, saving them from the explosion. During the operation 20 is reflected enemy attacks. The dam, which laid three tones of explosives, survived. The surrounding towns were saved from flooding. Among the soldiers of the 10th guards airborne division, were the soldiers of the 116th combat engineer battalion, 96th reconnaissance, 276-th to 280-th, 288 th guards infantry regiments. In the fighting killed 16 people, 36 injured. Among the dead hero of the Soviet Union, the platoon commander spies V. A. dushins’kogo is named after the street in the protection area.