President of “Bavaria” Herbert Hainer told about the current situation with the spread of the coronavirus and the measures taken by the club.
– What is the current situation with the epidemic of the coronavirus?
– The government of Bavaria on Monday morning declared a state of emergency, which demonstrates the seriousness of the situation. We in the “Bavaria” in these difficult days for their ability to act within the framework of social solidarity. Health and cohesion in society now play a very important. We are talking about how to treat with confidence to each other, to be United and under any circumstances to slow the spread of the virus. We at Bayern in their daily activities want to be an example. This one important contribution we can make as a club. One thing is clear: despite all the challenges, now there are more important issues and concerns than those related to football.
– Karl-Heinz Rummenigge mentioned financial challenge for the Bundesliga. How do You, as Chairman of the Supervisory Board, along with its?
– The situation is very tense, we are talking about the survival of the individual clubs. Our Chairman of the Board Karl-Heinz Rummenigge will take part in the consultation of the German football Union, and on Tuesday held a video conference with UEFA. As soon as the new data, our fans will be informed as soon as possible. Uli Hoeness Sunday rightly said, for this situation there are no instructions. We have to learn to cope with this situation. Both of these meetings, with heads of the football clubs are important, but everyone knows that these days at the time of decision-making need to demonstrate flexibility and daily new way to analyze the situation.
– What measures does Bayern to protect his players? Are there any instructions about behavior in the free time, travel (especially foreign players)?
– Of course, we are taking all measures to protect players and their families. Health is the most important thing. Not all this concern lightly. Great that our players on social media addressed to fans with emotional appeals to help others and to follow official instructions of the authorities. A at the end of the message expressed the hope that we will soon meet again at the stadium. I and our entire club can only join such a message.
– Do You see at the moment any financial danger for Bayern?
– FC Bayern financial crisis, which carries with it the situation itself is a big challenge. But Bayern employs excellent specialists and every day we work hard to ensure that the club successfully survived this particular time. Despite this enormous challenge that all of us had to face, we look confidently to the future.
– What are your expectations from the meeting of UEFA, which will be held on Tuesday, especially given the scheduled for the summer of the European championship and European Cup matches?
– The upcoming June European championship matches which are to be held throughout Europe, and now, of course, open to question. If they wanted to, considering the current state of Affairs, I can’t imagine that this tournament will be held. But let’s wait for the results of the video conference.
Even at this time “Bavaria” it is necessary to plan for the future? What impact the crisis will have on coronavirus decisions on personnel issues: for example, the planned negotiations about prolongation of the contract with Manuel Neuer and possible summer transfers?
Our sports leadership, headed Hansi Flick and Hassan Salihamidzic very well cope with this unprecedented situation. Transfers and renewals are the work of the Board that all the details turn to the Supervisory Board. In conclusion, I would like to emphasize once again that each of us can contribute to overcoming this crisis. I appeal to everyone to act reasonably. Again: the development of the situation depends on each individual. Everybody is now important.