Borussia Monchengladbach are looking to register back-to-back Bundesliga victories when they visit SC Freiburg on Saturday afternoon (2.30pm kick-off UK time).
Gladbach returned to winning ways last time out at Schalke 04, running out 4-1 winners, having picked up just one point across their previous two league outings. However, they did taste defeat again in the Champions League, losing 3-2 to Inter Milan. As a result, Marco Rose’s side may have one eye on next week’s crucial game against Real Madrid.
Their hosts, meanwhile, are on an eight-game winless run having last tasted victory in mid-September at Stuttgart (2-3). Will they be able to cause an upset or do the visitors take momentum into next week?
Where to watch SC Freiburg vs Borussia Monchengladbach on TV:
Where to live stream SC Freiburg vs Borussia Monchengladbach:
UK: Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Bet365 account already who are interested in streaming SC Freiburg vs Borussia Monchengladbach live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund the new account.
- Pick the desired event from among the ‘live now’ or ‘schedule’ sections in Bet365’s ‘live streaming’ category.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (11:30, 03/12/20)
SC Freiburg & Borussia Monchengladbach’s previous line-ups:
- SC Freiburg (vs FC Augsburg): Müller; Schmid, Gulde, Schlotterbeck, Lienhart, Günter; Höler, Höfler, Santamaria, Grifo; Demirovic.
- Borussia Monchengladbach (vs Inter Milan): Sommer; Lainer, Ginter, Jantschke, Wendt; Kramer, Neuhaus; Lazaro, Stindl, Thuram; Plea.
Freiburg head into this weekend’s game missing Lukas Kübler, Janik Haberer and Mark Flekken — all ruled out with respective injuries. Meanwhile, Nico Elvedi and Jonas Hofmann are absent for the visitors whilst Ramy Bensebaini recovers from illness.
Players to watch:
- SC Freiburg: As things stand, SC Freiburg are potentially headed towards a relegation battle, with just one win to their name after nine league matches but things can quickly change if a regular goal provider emerges. Nils Petersen is their leading scorer on four goals, but one behind him is Italian winger Vincenzo Grifo who also has two assists to shout about. This makes the ex-Gladbach man Freiburg’s most productive player and he will be champing at the bit to score against his former club. Even more so given Grifo returned to scoring ways last time out against Augsburg having gone three Bundesliga games without netting.
- Borussia Monchengladbach: Momentum is a big thing in professional sports and, after going seven Bundesliga matches without scoring, Gladbach midfielder Florian Neuhaus will be attempting to find the net for a third consecutive game this weekend. Neuhaus, a regular starter under Marco Rose, broke his duck for the season when he netted in a 1-1 draw with Augsburg before following that up with another strike as the Foals ran out 4-1 winners against Schalke 04 last weekend. Neuhaus also created another goal as he rounded off his best performance to date this season.
Bundesliga 2019/20 recent form:
- SC Freiburg: DLLLD
- Borussia Monchengladbach: WDLWW
Scoreline prediction: SC Freiburg 0-2 Borussia Monchengladbach
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
More live stream options:
- How to watch La Liga games online
- How to watch Bundesliga games online
- How to watch Serie A games online