Once in our country on Thursday was considered a fish day and in the dining rooms of many businesses was usually served with fish dishes. Today experts believe that modern people should eat fish more than once a week.
1. The high content of nutrients. Fish contains many nutrients that are lacking modern man. These include high quality protein, iodine, various vitamins and minerals. Particularly useful is a fatty fish that contains omega-3.
2. Reducing the risk of heart attacks and strokes. These are the most common causes of death in the world, and the fish relates to the most beneficial for heart health food. Studies show that regular consumption of fish reduces the risk of death from heart disease.
3. Important for development. Fatty acids omega-3 is critical for normal growth and development. However, we cannot forget that in some types of fish high in mercury and it can cause a developmental disorder.
4. Good for the brain. With age, the functionality of the brain is reduced. Many observational studies show a link between eating fish and a slowdown in this unpleasant process.
5. Prevention and treatment of depression. Although conclusive scientific evidence is not obtained, but numerous observations have led to the conclusion that regular consumption of fish reduces the risk of depression and reduces her period.
6. Source of vitamin D. Most of the territory of Russia is devoid of sufficient sunlight due to the climate. Namely, under the sun our skin produces vitamin D needed for bone health. The largest food source of vitamin D is fish.
7. Reduces the risk of autoimmune diseases. Autoimmune diseases like type I diabetes arise in the course of failure of the immune system. Fatty acids omega-3 reduce the risk of diabetes in children and other autoimmune diseases in adults.
8. Protect eyesight in old age. We are talking about the prevention of age-related macular degeneration – the main cause of visual impairment and blindness in the elderly. Again, the positive effect of omega-3.
9. Improves the quality of sleep. In one study, it was proved that middle-aged men, who three times per week ate trout, increased not only the quality of sleep at night and work efficiency in the afternoon. Researchers attribute this due to the vitamin D.
10. Prevents asthma in children. Studies have shown that consumption of fish by 24% reduces the risk of asthma in children. While in adults, a similar effect is not detected.