The Ukrainian boxer Vasily Lomachenko agree to fight Teofilo Lopez without spectators in the stands. The organizer of the fight had previously stated that the duel should take place only in the presence of fans.
The response of the Ukrainian side, the newspaper reports ESPN.
The statement of the Ukrainian
The Manager of the world champion in easy weight under version WBA, WBC and WBO Vasyl Lomachenko (14-1, 10 KO’s) Egis Klimas said that the command of the Ukrainian boxer ready to fight with IBF belt holder Teofilo Lopez (15-0, 12 KO’s) without spectators in the stands.
No difference. It is important that Lopez entered the ring with Lomachenko,
– said Klimas.
We will add that the fight promoter Bob Arum earlier said that the fight between Lomachenko and Lopez should take place only with the audience because of the high fees of boxers.
According to the promoter, they will monitor the situation with coronavirus in order to best organize the safety for Boxing fans.
Lomachenko – Lopez: the main thing about the battle
- The fight between the boxers was to be held on may 30 in the arena Madison square garden in new York in the United States.
- Both fighters advocate that the fight took place with the audience in the stands.
- Negotiations are underway with the American football NFL team the “Las Vegas Raiders”. It is on the stage of this club may be a match.
- Probably at stake the match will be the title of absolute world champion in the lightweight division. Before that Lomachenko won the title of WBA, WBA, WBO. The IBF title still belongs to Lopez.
Share the news