The final part of the preparation for track riding – competitions in speed is, of course, psychology of Motorsport. This is the big topic, which is done by professionals. We will try to reveal the main aspects of the assessment of the psychological readiness of riders.
RACING.RU, 21 January 2019 – We reviewed the features of the ride track here: Part 1 – Differences between riding a motorcycle from racing. Found out why and how to keep yourself physically fit – here: Part 2 – Why and how we train the muscles, and finally said, what else is required of what constitutes competitiveness in Motorsport: Part 3 – Improving the competitiveness.
Among the psychological skills used in motor sports, there are:
– Coordination: athletes must have very good coordination, because they need to achieve interdependence, steering, pedals, gears and brakes under high degrees of stress.
– Attention: during the competition it is very important to achieve the perfect level of tension.
– Concentration: they have to be focused throughout the race.
– Figurative representation: the representation of the images captured by the analyzer.
– Susceptibility: it is very important that this skill was well developed because of the need to feel that the bike is part of you, and also to analyze the environment.
– Aggressiveness: since this is a risky sport, it is very important to have this feature, it will help the athlete to achieve peak performance.
– The ability to remember to remember: know the track, every turn, using each site velocity and transfer – all necessary to achieve good results
The ways in which practicing the above skills are dependent on the sports psychologist. For example, according to sports psychologist albert Gomez, sport psychology should be used by athletes as follows:
1) first is evaluated the basic psychological skills of the pilot, among which are: motivation, concentration, degree of psychological maturity, self-confidence and enthusiasm;
2) Starts the exercise with the obtained results, based on selected trend. There should be a balance between all the abilities, having as starting points the motivation, inspiration and foci of attention;
3) once the pilot reaches a good level of basic skills, work begins on the psychological high efficiency through a series of individual iterations, communication and monitoring of the pilot to understand the mechanisms of its errors.
All the material:
Part 4: the foundations of race psychology
About the author. Alexander Shein, a professional Manager and motorsports enthusiast, participant of Championships of Russia and Spain’s racing, held a long way from the athlete to the team Manager with a solid reputation. The decision to start a band in Spain and bring it to sporting and financial success came in 2014 after the completion of the course of study in the school Monlau Competicion in the specialty Race Management & Engineering and several years of management in a similar project in Russia. As a professional team, Boxesmoto finally emerged in 2016, and now plays in the championship of Spain. Team specializiruetsya on providing a full race service pilots-to fans from Spain, France and Russia, also is a year-round racing school, which has extensive experience and know-how, superbly equipped technical base next to the Ricardo Tormo Circuit and a base in Moscow that allows you to make regular transfers Moscow-Valencia. In the area of responsibility of Alexander management, planning and customer service. Alexander is interested in all sides of the preparation and planning of motor racing, with regard to physical, psychological and technical training of the pilot, questions the rational organization of physical training and nutrition, as in the days of the competition, and the rest of the time, not associated with exercise.
The key word in the work BoxesMoto technology.
On the shoulders of the partner in the racing business, professional race engineer Noel is responsible for the technical side of the issue, the experienced Spaniard has been doing for 10 years. Partners working together to develop a strategy for the development, paving new paths for themselves and their clients, and develop services. The main emphasis is on modern methods which allow us to stand on the feet of pilots with a minimum experience and obtain the skill of independent physical training for competitions, and the technical part – everything related to technology, logistics and other – assumes the command. And it is also a piece of technology that helps to save time and get more riding enjoyment and achievements.
About the team. BoxesMoto organizes the maintenance of a full cycle for pilots of any level, from turnkey when participating in track days and races simply to come to the airport with your set of gear, and the rest (including license and insurance) will be ready on the spot to the classic race service maintenance, and motorcycle storage and preparation for racing at the team’s base in Valencia. Technical base BoxesMoto located close to Ricardo Tormo Circuit (MotoGP, Grand Prix of Spain), equipped with its own power DynoJet bench, the team can work with the bike and testing year-round.
You can find more details by phone +7 916 9805388, Alexander or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information: Track days in Spain or on the website boxesmoto.com.