The court dismissed the case on illicit enrichment Omelyana

Суд закрыл дело о незаконном обогащении Омеляна

Solomensky regional court of Kiev closed criminal proceedings against the Minister of infrastructure Volodymyr Omelyan in terms of illegal enrichment.

As reported by SAP, on Wednesday, April 3, the court held a preparatory meeting.

The Prosecutor said that the court closed the criminal proceedings against Omelyana in part of illicit enrichment, since the constitutional court declared unconstitutional article 368-2 of the criminal code.

“In this regard, as repealed and imposed pre-trial investigation the arrest of the property of the accused, including the BMW X5, the arrest on which Malagasy to ensure the confiscation of property as a form of punishment”, – said the Agency.

At the same time the court assigned to consider the case of the Minister regarding Declaration of false information in two episodes.

“So at this time Vladimir Omelian is accused of giving returns for 2015 and 2016, deliberately pointed out the information that is different from the authentic, respectively, of more than $ 3 million and UAH 8 million UAH”, – concluded the Prosecutor’s office.

6 November 2018, the press service of the NEB announced the completion of the pre-trial investigation in respect of the Minister of infrastructure Volodymyr Omelyan on the facts of possible illicit enrichment and Declaration of false information.

Omeljan previously claimed the pressure from the detectives of the National anti-corruption Bureau, which was initiated against him in criminal proceedings.

September 14, Solomenskiy district court of Kyiv gave Omelyana on bail of Minister of youth and sport Igor Zhdanov and MP Theodore Bandurenko. Specialized anti-corruption prosecutors asked for Omelyana a Deposit of five million hryvnias.

Share