Ukraine marks January 22, the unification Day.
Holidays on 22 January in the Orthodox calendar:
- The day of memory of Martyr polievkt MEDICINSKOGO;
- The day of St. Philipp, Metropolitan of Moscow and all Russia, the Wonderworker;
- Veneration of the monk Ions (in schema Peter) in Kiev;
- Pominovenie of the prophet itself;
- The day of St. Peter, Bishop of Armenian Sebasteia;
- The memory of the monk Eustratius of Tarsus, the Wonderworker, hegumen;
- The veneration of the Martyr Paul Nicholas, pastor.
National holidays January 22:
Fillipov day is a public holiday, which is popularly considered a day of household chores. After the holidays have accumulated a lot of things, and people are starting to restore order at home and tidy yourself up. All the people that did were called “flush the tide”.
And yet our ancestors believed that this is a truly dangerous day. On Phillip swore never fussed, not scolding. Showdown also had to be postponed to another day. If you felt the coming evil and scandal in the house still occurred, you can correct the situation was the Slippers, putting them to the threshold of socks to the exit.
And on the night Phillip had prophetic dreams, especially if it is a positive dream – it was necessary to tell someone close, and it will come true. And people born on this day definitely has the gift of reconciliation – believed people.
What are the holidays January 22 to celebrate the countries and peoples of the world?
Today Poland celebrates the day of his grandfather.
The name day is celebrated Antonina, Zachary, Paul, Peter, Philip.