The fire in the hotel of Odessa: survivors told how all was actually, finally came true

Пожар в отеле Одессы: выжившие рассказали, как все было на самом деле, наконец всплыла правда

The tragedy in Odessa, the hotel “Tokyo Star”, which occurred in the night from Friday to Saturday, stirred up the whole country

The fire killed nine people, they are unable to get out – failed to run on narrow smoke-filled corridor there was also no way to jump out the window, because many rooms they are simply not there, write “News”.

The fire broke out on the second floor of the hotel about two o’clock. Guests tell us that they felt the acrid smoke that had seeped into the door of their room. No there was no warning.

Not all guests understand that the building’s on fire, because no there was no warning. Someone just knocked at the door and said, “get Out!” But in the hallway there was a noise, and some did not immediately respond to the call to leave the room, thinking that this is some disassembly that do not concern them.

“Only when the acrid smoke went through the cracks of the door and from the ceiling, I realized that the fire started. When they broke into the corridor, I went wall of acrid smoke, breathing was almost impossible, holding the breath I just broke through to the output”, – told reporters a resident Marian Cherniavsky.

11-year-old Nastya Mason together with his parents settled in this budget hotel. The family survived thanks to the girl – she got up in the night to the toilet and he felt a burning smell woke father.

“We ran, who it was. Was only able to get phone and money. For dripping melted plastic, which burned arms and back,” says the girl who arrived to Odessa from the Vinnytsia region on vacation. In this hotel they settled by accident – where he planned to stay, was not available.

The hotel at the time of the fire there were about 200 people, including 29 foreigners – citizens of France, Germany, USA, great Britain and Belarus.

136 residents were evacuated immediately. Seven more rescuers pulled from the burning second floor, but nine people died – their identification has been completed, but the information is not made public. Ten was hospitalized with a poisoning with products of burning and burns from the plastic. Four of them remain in intensive care in serious condition, two in the burn unit.

“All of them delivered in soot. Mucous was black in color, shortness of breath, hoarseness, sore throat. They obviously inhaled. There is likely a solid plastic”, – said the head of burns Department 10-th city hospital Alexander Stvrti.

Пожар в отеле Одессы: выжившие рассказали, как все было на самом деле, наконец всплыла правда

Пожар в отеле Одессы: выжившие рассказали, как все было на самом деле, наконец всплыла правда

Share