A nice gift to the residents of Melitopol did the city authorities for the New year. On 28 December the long-awaited opening of the hospital intensive treatment methods, which people have nicknamed the hospital of the future. Today, many city doctors, honorable citizens, journalists were convinced that the facility meets European standards and in their infrastructure, the quality of repair and comfort surpassed many hospitals in the regional center. The hospital that was built 30 years ago has changed beyond recognition.
Light corridors in the paintings, soft leather furniture, medical call center on the ground floor and reception on the other. Cozy dining room with designer bouquets, convertible beds, modern equipment, oxygen supply for each bed, air conditioning and monitors for tracking the condition of patients. And that’s not all the new hospitals of intensive treatment methods, which has opened its doors after eighteen-month renovation on 28 December.
– In the first stage of reconstruction, no one wanted to take on this object and the minimum value, which was discussed in the circle of builders, is of the order of 100 million UAH. Their was neither city nor the regional Council. Done a great job over these 1.5 years. We at each stage of the tracking reconstruction and traded for each square meter and for the cost of materials. And today the reconstruction has cost us 33 million UAH. – said the people’s Deputy Sergey Minko during the opening of the hospital.
Melitopol doctors who last month actually lived in the hospital, equipping it and washing out all the rooms, say that working in such conditions is a dream of any doctor.
– This intensive care unit was on the 4th floor early without normal functional beds, oxygen, and without tracking equipment. Patients who required urgent care were transported to the intensive care unit hospital for infectious diseases. Now there is no such need. We have our own intensive care unit. We have state of the art monitors and stroke and infarct offices. In the infarct Department they are associated with the Central station. It is our pride. After all, not every regional center has the opportunity, when the doctor 24 hours a day and watching at the same time for 5 patients. Each bed has oxygen. In the chambers of the new screens, air conditioning, beds with clamps – presented the novelties of his Department Viktor Orlov.
– Next to each cot defibrillators, germicidal lamp that turns on by timer, new equipment – describes his Department head of the Department of anesthesiology and intensive care Lyudmyla Pashko.
– We have laboratory, ultrasound, endoscopy, fracture clinic, plaster. A radical change in the fact that there are beds for patients, and modern equipment. Before this equipment was minimal and not modern. Now all new. We is the only hospital of this level and even compared to Zaporozhye, we stand on the front lines, – said head of the emergency Department Anton Shisha.
First Deputy Governor Ivan Fedorov, who was the mastermind behind the beginning of the reconstruction of the hospital said that now aid in Melitopol will deliver patients only in one place. And this will significantly reduce the time and, consequently, improve the quality of medical care in the city. Ivan Fedorov also dispelled rumours that the hospital, which has invested millions allegedly destroyed. However, it is clear to the naked eye to everyone who visited today.
– Before the reconstruction was an examination of the hospital building. And after reconstruction, we have also invited experts from the regional center. They have conducted studies and have concluded that the risk of exploitation of the object there. All ties have been restored and a number of works on enhancement of the reconstruction, we added. Today there are no obstacles in the operation of the hospital, – said Ivan Fedorov.
Secretary of the city Council Roman Romanov, in turn, noted that he will continue to make efforts to equip new humanitarian furniture and equipment and other hospitals of the city, and also listed what medical facilities will be reconstructed by 2020.
– Planned reconstruction is now in the “green” clinic. Complete reconstruction is planned for 2020 in the infectious diseases hospital and in the nursing home. For the repair of infectious hospital has allocated about UAH 50 million and 80% of this amount – the money of the European Bank. The rest of the local budget. The hospital provides 56 million UAH. 80% of them tools of the EBR – said Roman Romanov.
In the hospital intensive methods of treatment will serve not only the residents of Melitopol, but in the surrounding areas. Moreover, the people’s Deputy Sergey Minko sure that the increase of patients gives the opportunity to increase the number of jobs in the medical field in Melitopol.