• BMW F 900 R dynamic Roadster for the pure pleasure of driving
• BMW F 900 XR: XR real for the middle class
Key features of the new BMW F 900 F 900 R and XR
• Modified inline two-cylinder engine with an increase of 42 cm3 working volume.
• More power throughout the Rev range, optimized fuel consumption and reduced emissions of harmful substances, smooth and balanced running.
• More maximum power and torque: 77 kW (105 PS) @ 8 500 rpm and 92 N? m at 6 500 rpm In the working range from 4 500 to 8 500 rpm torque is more than 87 N? M.
• Two balancer shaft (one in front and back from the crankshaft) provide a significant reduction in vibratory loads.
• Lubrication system dry sump, eliminates oil foaming.
• Two camshaft, four valves per cylinder. The toothed camshaft drive chain, the drive valve rockers.
• Anti-hopping clutch in oil bath, with the mechanism of the self reduces the load on the hand of the driver and increasing safety while driving.
• The new control system the engine drag torque (MSR) and Shift Assistant Pro as factory-fit options.
• Travel front/ rear suspension 135 mm/142 mm (F 900 R) and 170 mm/172 mm (900 F XR).
• Electronic suspension Dynamic ESA is available as a factory option.
• Led headlamp and led daytime running lights available for both models already in the basic version. The adaptive cornering lights as optional equipment.
• Connectivity: multi-functional dashboard with 6.5-inch TFT colour display and numerous functions as standard.
• Smart emergency call as a factory option.
• The Keyless entry system Keyless Ride as a factory option.
• An expanded selection of optional equipment and original BMW Motorrad accessories.
An improved two-cylinder engine with increased displacement, power and torque.
In the new F 900 F 900 R and XR are equipped with an advanced version of the two-cylinder inline engine with a capacity of 70 kW (95 HP), introduced in 2018, with the F 850 GS, and provides an even more powerful thrust. The main objective in the modification was a significant increase in power up to 77 kW (105 HP) at 8 500 rpm While increasing maximum torque of 92 N? m engineers have managed to also get a flatter torque curve throughout the speed range.
Increased productivity and a smoother torque was achieved primarily by increasing the working volume to 895 cm3 (formerly 853 cm3) by increasing the cylinder diameter by 2 mm to 86 mm when the piston stroke of 77 mm. in addition, the cylinder heads were further processed and used new forged pistons (previously installed cast pistons).
The new control system the engine drag torque (MSR) and Shift Assistant Pro as factory-fit options.
In addition to the slipper clutch the new F 900 F 900 R and XR can be equipped with a control system of the engine drag torque (MSR). The MSR system prevents the rear wheels resulting from a sudden closing of the throttle or when downshifting. Clutch slipping the clutch switch opens when the threshold is exceeded, the reverse torque. However, if the grip limit of the tire falls below this threshold, for example when driving on a wet road, the driver can lose control of the motorcycle as the result of slip the rear of the motorcycle. Thanks to MSR’s new F 900 F 900 R and XR detects the danger at an early stage. At the slightest sign of loss of reliable engagement between the tire and the road surface instantly throttle slightly open so to compensate the engine torque and to maintain secure engagement of the wheels with the road. This improves driving safety, especially on slippery roads.
Powerful led lights in the base set. System and cornering lights Adaptive Cornering Light is first installed on the motorcycles of the middle class as a factory option.
The adaptive cornering light ensures additional safety when driving in the dark. In head optics installed additional LED modules with reflectors that are activated when tilting the bike. Modules cornering lights turn on automatically when reaching the angle of inclination of more than 7° (F 900 R) or 10° (900 F XR) and when driving at a speed exceeding 10 km/h.
Connectivity: multi-functional dashboard with 6.5-inch TFT colour display and numerous functions as standard.
The all-new F 900 F 900 R and XR are equipped with multimedia Connectivity system that includes a 6.5-inch TFT color display, even in the basic version. Now the driver can get quick and easy access to the functions of the multimedia system with the usual Multicontroller BMW Motorrad.
Keyless Ride – a handy feature Keyless control available as a factory option.
On/off ignition lock control tube of the fuel tank and steering column by means of the transponder. Now no need to get the key out of his pocket.
For additional information, please contact:
Ilya Baryshev, BMW Group Russia Ilya.Baryshev@bmw.com.