The press service of the Ministry of labour has published the data that in Russia, for 2019 there has been an increase in the number of children with disabilities – the increase amounted to 19 thousand cases.
The Agency listed the diseases causing disability of children. He headed the list of mental illness:
- mental disorder and conduct disorder – with 24.3% of the total statistics
- neurological disease at 23.2%;
- congenital malformations, deformations and chromosomal abnormalities – 17,7%;
- endocrine system diseases was 7.8%;
- diseases of the ear – 4,7%;
- diseases of the eye and adnexa – 4,6%;
- diseases of the musculoskeletal system – 3,7%;
- diseases of the respiratory system – 3,7%;
- other diseases and 10.3%.
In the Ministry of labor stated that in Russia in recent years has steadily increased the total number of children with disabilities. For example, in 2016 the statistics took into account 617 thousand children, in 2017 – 636 thousand in 2018 – 651 thousand. The total number of disabled people over the age of 18, in contrast, gradually decreases.
In a population of adults with disabilities (over 18) lead to diseases of the circulatory system in second place with malignant tumors, the third-diseases of the musculoskeletal system and connective tissue. Next in the list followed by mental disorders, effects of trauma, poisoning, diseases of the nervous system, eye disease, diseases of the endocrine system.