This time we will tell you about one of the most beautiful buildings in Kharkov, which is now physical and mathematical Lyceum.
Near the square of “Arrow” is one of the famous educational institutions of Kharkiv. It’s physics and mathematics Lyceum №27. It is located on the street Maryinsky, 12/14.
This ancient building, which was built in 1901-1904 gg. by the Architect of the mansion was Kornienko. The building is still preserved plaque with the mention of the date of construction.
According to the historian of Karazin University Marina Grigorieva, initially there was two buildings at numbers 12 and 14.
In No. 12 there was a school of mutual assistance clerks. She worked from 1901 to 1917.
House number 14 was the mansion of the Baroness Ungern-Stenberg. In 1899 she died and the house passed the Kharkiv gymnasium №4
In the early twentieth century made the addition, by combining these two buildings.
The topic: the Place where the emperors: the history of the Kharkiv Governor’s Palace.
When Kharkiv was capital of Ukraine, in the building No. 12 was the Central statistical administration of the USSR, in the house №14 – the House of physical culture, which was at that time in Ukraine.
Before the war there was a secondary school №37. And in 1941 the building was occupied by German troops, but during their retreat they blew it.
According to the historian, the house was badly damaged, but after some time it was rebuilt according to the original plan.
After the war there temporarily housed normal school, and since 1963 – first opened in Kharkiv physico-mathematical school.
From this school were issued “light” of physical and mathematical Sciences. It is considered one of the best schools of Ukraine
In 1990 it was given the status of the Lyceum.
In addition, this building is a monument of architecture.
On the building there are several plaques – the founder and first Director of the school Ivan Bulba, another founder, a prominent mathematician and Professor of Kharkiv University Naum Akhiezer.
Also on the facade of the Lyceum can be seen another Board, one of the founders of the school – Arkady Stolin, who died in 2019.
In 2008, the Lyceum had a serious fire. Burned 2 offices and a hall of fame of the Lyceum. They say the cause was the ignition wiring.
The building of Lyceum No. 27 is considered one of the oldest mansions of Kharkov and business cards of the area.
To learn about other historic buildings and “sabroso” Kharkov here.