The current President of Serbia Aleksandar Vucic has decided to fulfill his childhood dream. He began training for the basketball coach.
For this 50-year-old Vucic decided to get an official diploma that will give him the right to train children. So he went on the relevant courses, informing on his official page in Instagram.
“For the second time in my life be a student. This time High school sports. Intend to become a children’s and youth basketball coach. You have no idea how happy I am that after all these years to realize my childhood dream,” wrote Vucic.
Vucic about the passion of basketball in Serbia has long been known. In his youth he played at the Amateur level, and now is a fan of the team, “Crvena Zvezda” from Belgrade.
What is known about Alexandre Vucica
- 50-year-old Aleksandar Vucic in may of 2017 – the President of Serbia. Prior to that, he was the Prime Minister of the country from 2014 to 2017. Before that he worked in the government the post of Minister of information (1998 – 2000), defense Minister (2012 – 2013) and was the first Vice Prime Minister (2012 – 2014).
- Education – a lawyer. However, working as a TV reporter. Subsequently headed the sports-business center.
- During the protests against President Slobodan Milosevic was the author of provisions that imposed fines for anti-government journalists and proponent of blocking foreign channels. He was then in the list of undesirable persons in the European Union. In 2014, Vucic, who plays for Pro-European policy, publicly apologized for its past acts.
- Twice, in 2004 and 2008 – ran for mayor of Belgrade.
- 2 April 2017 won the election for President of Serbia in the first round with 55%. From 3 April to 31 may 2017 in Serbia, took place mass protests against his election as President.
- His height – 199 cm.
Share the news