In Ukraine people are poisoned by wild mushrooms
Within six months of this year, Ukraine recorded 13 cases of poisoning by wild mushrooms. Because of this ill 14 people, 4 of them children. No deaths recorded. About it reports the Center of public health Minzdrava Ukraine.
Statistics by region:
Vinnyts’ka oblast -1;
Dnipropetrovsk oblast – 2 adults and 4 children;
Kirovohrad region – 1;
Odessa oblast – 1;
Chernihiv region – 2;
Cherkas’ka oblast -1.
According to doctors, in three cases the cause of poisoning was the use of pickled mushrooms. In eight cases, the people ate boiled or fried mushrooms.All cases were prepared mushrooms at home. And in another two cases, two children had eaten raw mushrooms.
Signs of mushroom poisoning can manifest itself in 30 minutes after consumption, and for several days.
Symptoms: nausea, vomiting, sharp abdominal pain, diarrhea, dizziness, fever, decrease in pulse, convulsions, the outflow of blood from the extremities, the appearance of hallucinations and other.
If any of these symptoms should call a physician immediately. And the remnants of mushrooms or dish of them should be retained for laboratory tests. This will help doctors to quickly figure out the cause of poisoning and appropriate treatment.
In the center of public health Ministry of health of Ukraine not recommended to use mushrooms to pregnant women, women while breastfeeding, children under 12 years and elderly people.
Prevention of mushroom poisoning:
- Refrain from eating wild mushrooms. Replace them with mushrooms, pyroxenite art and under control.
- Do not buy mushrooms at spontaneous markets.
- Carefully inspect the mushrooms.
- Gather only mushrooms that you know well. If there is any doubt, throw the mushroom and leave it next to the other.
- Don’t take too young and old mushrooms can be confused with poisonous.
- Do not gather mushrooms near the tracks, industrial enterprises, contaminated land.
- Do not collect mushrooms in dry weather: at this time, the fungus dries up, giving the water and increasing the concentration of toxins.
- Do not eat raw mushrooms.
- Home again, carefully check the mushrooms.
- to cook mushrooms you need in the first days after harvest.
- Cook the mushrooms at least three times. Each time in fresh salted water for 30 minutes.
- Keep dishes with mushrooms in the refrigerator in an enamel pot not more than a day.