Extreme Dmitry Antifeev went down to the basement of local lore Museum, visiting its cellars. It turned out that in some places the average-sized man had to get practically on all fours – the height of some of the rooms is about 40 cm…
On the page in Facebook Dmitry has shared his impressions on yet another risky journey. The researcher wanted to find underground passages, which are said to lie under the lower part of the city. But it turned out that the entrances to the labyrinth under the Museum building, long closed – they were bombarded with bricks and poured concrete.
According to Dmitry, he and like-minded thinking about how these moves open. However, while it is only far-reaching plans. Promised Melitopol researchers and to publish a report next adventure.
Recall, the mansion of the merchant Peter egorovicha Chernikov, the building of the current Museum, was built in 1911 on the street Vorontsovsky next to the old pharmacy. External and internal finish of the building is made using Greek motifs ancient bas-reliefs adorned the balconies and facade. On the first floor of this beautiful building initially housed the store, where they sold fancy goods and sewing machines “Zinger”. On the second and third floor lived the owner. The light penetrated into the building not only through Windows but through the roof, part of which was glazed.
Guests in this building often varied: in the 20-30 years of the last century it housed workers ‘ clubs, during the occupation of Melitopol, the Germans gave it the office, and after his release moved to the Komsomol.
Since 1967, in a beautiful building from the current street Hrushevskoho is the Museum. In 2008, it replaced the window, where were found the documents confirming that there really was the house of Peter Chernikov.