Noticed that I started to swell up? This can be a signal as a benign and temporary disorders in the body and serious illnesses.
The occurrence of swelling in the lower extremities is a syndrome that can occur as a result of a number of. Let’s consider them.
- The leg injury: many injuries in the legs, and when they burn there is swelling, and sometimes very large.
- The vertical position of the body: working people who are forced to spend much time in vertical position, often suffer from edema in the legs.
- Wearing shoes with high heels.
- The habit of sitting with crossed legs.
- A sedentary lifestyle, especially if you have excess weight
- Medication: for example, swelling provoke hormonal agents or drugs to reduce high blood pressure, and medicines to be allergens for the individual.
Doctors say that in many cases, when edema is associated with lifestyle or unhealthy habits, people are able to help their feet. In particular, this recommended exercise, and rest in such a position that your legs will be higher and the outflow of stagnant blood. Also to deal with leg swelling healthy foods containing potassium: bananas, lettuce, apricots or dried apricots, peaches, watermelons.
But if after the accepted measures to help the feet swelling are not, perhaps, their appearance is related to some serious problem in the body.
- Heart failure. In this case, swelling of the feet decreases after a night’s sleep, and in the evening, on the contrary, become apparent.
- The varicose veins. When varicose veins with swelling in the legs and occur pain, rapid fatigue when walking, also there are night cramps calf muscle.
- Disorders in the liver and kidneys. Legs can begin to swell with cirrhosis and kidney disease associated with a reduction in their filtration ability and tubular lesions.
- Diabetes. People with diabetes, cause of edema in the legs can be associated with several factors.
Therefore, in the case where home remedies for the swelling does not help, visit a therapist, cardiologist, phlebologist or urologist.