The President talked with Deputy head of the NBU, Bank, banking organizations and institutions on the situation in the financial sector
Last night, July 2, President Vladimir Zelensky discussed the state of the financial sector, candidates to replace the resigned head of the NBU Yakov Smoliy and the impact of this decision on the banking market. This was reported by the press service of the head of state.
Follow us on Telegram: proven facts, only important
Zelensky talked to the deputies head of the NBU, heads of state and private banks, banking organizations and institutions, and with him, the meetings were attended by Premier Denis Shmyhal, head of the Office of the President Andrey Ermak Deputy Yulia Kovaliv, the Minister of Finance, Sergei Marchenko, and also the head of the financial Committee of Parliament Daniel Getmantsev.
The President writes his press service, “once again stressed loyalty to the principle of Central Bank independence and the need to preserve its institutional capacity”.
Who exactly was discussed on the post of head of the NBU, said. Also in the office of the President did not specifically comment on the scandalous statement Smoliy about political pressure on the national Bank.
According to the head of the faction of the Servants of David Arakhamiya in the broadcast channel 1+1, probably 3 July, the Parliament will convene for an extraordinary meeting for a vote for the resignation Smoliy. He says that in SN, there is a consensus about the fact that the candidate “must specifically tell us how the program will run lending to the economy”.
- In the evening of July 1, 2020, the head of the NBU Smoliy wrote a letter of resignation, describing the cause of “systematic political pressure on the NBU”.
- More details in the analysis “do Not fit into “the economy by Zelensky”. Why takes the head of the NBU resin and who will replace him.
- 2 Jul Zelensky President has approved the resignation, and the relevant Committee of Parliament.
- Also on 2 July, Ukraine has canceled the placement of 12-year Eurobonds, and trading on the interbank market started a dynamic growth.
- The largest creditors of Ukraine, the EBRD and the IMF said that Ukraine must maintain the independence of the NBU after the resignation Smoliy.
- The European Union called the “disturbing signal” this resignation.