An excessive amount of sugar in the diet can be very dangerous, because this product may provoke the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases, type II diabetes and colon cancer, and even spoils the teeth. And a lot of sugar is not just candy and baked goods.
Sugar in large amounts are found in foods which you might not suspect, reports 24apteka.
In General, during the day an adult should not consume more than 20-30 grams of sugar, and is 4-6 teaspoons.
1. A serving of canned beans can be about 28 grams, which is more than half of the daily allowance.
2. Peanut butter also contains sugar more than you.
3. Spaghetti sauce can contain large amounts of sugar, which is added to improve the flavor.
4. Low-fat yogurt can be as much sugar as in a bottle of sparkling sweet water.
5. To white bread often add sugar to improve the taste. The Turkey sandwich and the white bread contains half of the daily allowance of sugar.
6. In protein snack bars have more sugar than protein, may contain up to 20 grams of sugar.
7. Salad dressing also contain sugar – may be about 11 grams of sugar.
8. A real sugar bomb is ketchup, 2 tablespoons of which contain about 8 grams of sugar.
9. Frozen foods often conceal large amounts of sugar per serving it can have up to 20 grams.
10. Alcoholic drinks can “hide” up to 30 grams of sugar. Especially for cocktails with carbonated water, juices or syrups.
More news about treatment of different diseases, medicine in Ukraine, healthy lifestyle and nutrition, pregnancy and childbirth, discoveries in the field of medicine and more – see Health.